FORT Worthy of (CBSDFW.COM) – Voters throughout the condition voted on May possibly 7 to move two constitutional amendments meant to handle mounting home taxes.
The initially modification limitations advert valorem taxes for faculties. It passed with 87% assist.
The second improves the homestead exemption from $25,000 to $40,000. It passed with 85% of the vote.
Governor Greg Abbott declared the amendments a “victory for all house entrepreneurs in Texas” in a tweet.
Meanwhile, in Fort Well worth, voters passed five town proposals that will allocate funds for different tasks.
- Proposition A will present $360 million for streets and mobility jobs. It passed by a more than two-to-just one margin.
- Proposition B earmarks $124 million for parks and recreation centers. This includes funding for a new aquatics heart in Stop 6 and rebuilding the Forest Park Pool. It handed with 62% assistance.
- Proposition C, which handed with 61% assistance, offers $12.5 million for a new library in Northwest Fort Value.
- Proposition D passed by the best margin with 72% of the vote and will offer $39 million for law enforcement and fire public security facilities.
- Proposition E gives $5 million for the city’s open up place method and to acquiring natural places. It handed 57% to 43%.
In a statement on Sunday, Mayor Mattie Parker thanked voters and reported the bonds will permit the town to fund essential tasks that will develop more powerful communities and support a expanding Fort Truly worth.
On the other hand, a person proposition that did not go would have presented the Mayor and town council a fork out elevate. Voters rejected the measure, with above 1,300 votes separating “no” from “yes.”