Visionary: KW Military’s Levi Rodgers Shares the Lessons That Translate from Army to Business
As the chief of the not too long ago announced KW Military services segment, Levi Rodgers has his perform cut out for him. “I will be spearheading the academic and recruitment efforts supporting our armed service,” Rodgers shares. “I experience that internally, we have a obligation to the brokers at Keller Williams to make sure that they not only have entry to, but receive ideal-in-class military services concentration education and learning, so they can much better serve the military services and veteran clients that are out here entrusting them with a considerable economical selection.”
As a veteran himself (really decorated and having served in the U.S. Army Specific Forces), Rodgers is greatly in tune with the military community and its one of a kind requires. The leader, who survived an improvised explosive product that still left him seriously hurt and the sole survivor amongst those touring in his auto, has amassed a prosperity of understanding throughout his time in the military services – expertise that he has brought front and centre into his business, which now delivers in involving 10 to 15 new brokers per month.
“Firstly, you have to be equipped to aspiration big and be a visionary, wanting two to three yrs in advance. Also, you have to enable other people execute,” he summarizes when asked to explain his leadership style. Right here, Rodgers shares the military lessons that he carries each day into his business enterprise and position as KW Military’s director.
Connected looking through: KW Military services Director Joins Keller Williams Along with $940M Workforce
Tactics to Lead Your Actual Estate Platoon to Victory
- Never go away your individuals guiding. Just one of the most important lessons the army has taught Rodgers is to under no circumstances leave a teammate at the rear of. Just about every working day, he wears a bracelet with the name of the four men that were being shed in the explosive device attack as a reminder of this. “If you translate that to authentic estate, we are not battling a war, but we have teammates that count on us. I will be broke and homeless right before leaving my team at the rear of.”
Have a food at an army base, and you will recognize that though standing in line to get foodstuff, the best position man or woman will be last in line. For Rodgers, the strategy is the similar in genuine estate. “I really do not feed myself very first. I feed my folks to start with,” he shares. “My people today are normally going to have enterprise mainly because I make that a precedence.”
- Communicate your real truth. Rodgers’ story carries emotion and resilience. It is also a tale that showcases who he is as a individual, leader, and business enterprise proprietor. “Once we set my story out there, there ended up people who could relate and who arrived at out. It began at the individual genuine estate office environment stage, and it compounded. And now, it has morphed into our model story.” When folks link with Rodgers, they know they can rely on him and the workforce and society he has assembled – and a essential part of that belief arrives from the vulnerability and courage to share one’s tale publicly.
- Perform the good threat evaluation. Rodgers’ armed service career offered lots of risky predicaments. In having all those on, there was a approach. “Before executing something, we experienced a procedure to recognize if the threat was really worth the reward. That is a pretty tactical point that I’ve taken from the army and used to my business enterprise, ensuring that ahead of I choose hazards or commit dollars, I provide in my advisory board and we generate out the threats and the rewards.”
- Do not slack on execution. “The types are out there. The critical thing is hunting in the mirror and executing,” Rodgers shares. “That is something the navy has assisted me with as effectively. I’m not concerned of executing and having calculated threats.” An important factor of executing? Some thing Rodgers phone calls tactical endurance. “In a gunfight, from time to time the greatest matter is not to demand the hill, but to choose a knee behind a rock and reload your journals. That is tactical tolerance. For my company, we did not go all in right absent. We did not start off to mature at a very higher amount until finally two many years back.”
- Your group is your ship. The army is not the sole room Rodgers draws inspiration from. He shares, his team is extremely fond of a cinema traditional – Forrest Gump. In the motion picture, Forrest owned a fishing boat, Jenny, and did all the things he could to maintain it in the h2o. “We call our business our Jenny boat,” Rodgers says. “Everyone has a accountability not to poke holes in the boat, and my position is to steer the ship and make sure we continue to be in the h2o.” For Christmas, the team even arrived together and built a duplicate of the boat by hand!
Exciting Things Forward
Just before signing up for Keller Williams, Rodgers recollects the company’s theme of putting folks initial. He even shares that he experienced donated to aid attempts place forth by KW Cares. “What excites me the most is the chance to enable other folks all over me. I really like this group and its wish to support other people get,” he states.
“I think it claims a large amount about the management of Keller Williams to not only fund, but place organizational importance on the armed service segment,” Rodgers suggests. “If you glance at Gary Keller, Sajag Patel, Wendi Harrelson, Carl Liebert, Marc King … these folks have place all their hearts into the KW Navy section, and I feel it reveals a good deal of care about this phase of the inhabitants.”
For KW Military services, this is just the commencing.
Resource website link